Are you interested in spending more time with your patients and less time on the day to day operations?
How much of your time is actually spent caring for pets, and how much is spent with all of the day-to-day headaches of running your operation? Are you a little tired of spending time finding the best deals on veterinary supplies and services? Are you sure you are receiving reasonable prices from your suppliers and distributors so you can make a decent profit?
If you’re like most of our veterinary hospital owners, it’s the bookkeeping, ordering of veterinary supplies, payroll, health insurance decisions, and the myriad other tasks that take away from your core business — your patients and their owners! You became a veterinarian or started your clinic because you wanted to care for animals. You wanted to be the place that local residents brought their pets to get quality care — that was your calling. It's why you do what you do.
The Power of VHA
Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA) exists for you, the veterinarian. We are a group of like-minded business leaders, veterinarians, and clinic owners who have come together to the benefit of one another. Through the VHA, individuals such as yourself experience the power behind our association:
- Group Purchasing Power. We help the independent veterinary clinics receive better pricing and bigger margins from manufacturers and distributors. Because we have so many like-minded individuals working together, our clinics receive some of the best pricing and margin offers around. In addition to better prices and margins, we offer one-stop shopping through our own fully-stocked warehouse. Inside Account Representatives and Veterinary Practice Consultants are ready to assist you with your orders. You can order only what you need with no minimums, and experience convenient delivery - often the next day!
- Cremation. We offer dignified cremation services for our members and their clients. With several cremation types to choose from, a wide arrange of memorial and keepsake products, and an online ordering system, cremating with VHA is efficient, reliable, and dignified.
- Education and Reference. We offer frequent continuing education credit opportunities throughout the year. You can attend several dinners, webinars, our Annual Meeting, or VHA Expo to earn your necessary credits. We also partner with the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association and the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine to bring you the Minnesota Veterinary Institute, which provides veterinarians an opportunity to earn over 50 CE credits each year at deeply discounted costs.
- Business Services. You went to school to become a veterinarian. Let us take the stress of business management off of your shoulders through our variety of business services. From human resources and marketing, bookkeeping to recruiting, VHA Business Services helps you keep your practice running efficently and smoothly.
- Profit Sharing. One unique feature of Veterinary Hospitals Association, and why we're the only one of our kind in the United States, is our profit sharing opporutnities. Each year, VHA returns most of our profits back to our members in the form of a rebate check.
Why Become a Member of Veterinary Hospitals Association?
As a VHA member you gain access to a wide variety of critical veterinary products and services by providers and distributors who offer exclusive discounts and considerations for many of the veterinary supplies and services you use every day. The VHA helps members improve their bottom-line by offering better savings, better discounts, better opportunities and better returns! These group purchasing benefits are very important to our members, but they are only the beginning of the benefits you receive as a member. Along with the power of group purchasing, your membership with the VHA includes dignified, reliable and caring Cremation Services, Practice Management expertise, and Continuing Education.