Established in 1984, Veterinary Hospitals Association has consistantly been providing better pricing, products, and services for our members in the veterinary industry. We've expanded to include group purchasing, business services, and ongoing continuing education credit opportunities - and have expanded our team from a few board members to a full-fledged business in the process.
We do not have any open positions at this time. Please check back soon!
Established in 1984, Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA) is a member-driven association organized to represent the interests of members and the veterinary community. VHA currently serves nearly 400 member veterinary practices.
The goal of VHA is to enhance the profitability of each member practice by positively impacting its bottom line. With member involvement, VHA will continue to offer services that either save money or make money for all members.
VHA supports local community organizations, including the statewide Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA). VHA also partners with MVMA and the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine for the Minnesota Veterinary Institute.
The Growth of VHAA group of dedicated veterinarians founded VHA to improve the methods and efficiency of animal hospitals, to cooperate with other veterinary organizations, and to promote and further the best interests of its members.
- 1985 - VHA began a group purchasing service for members, positively influencing the product availability and pricing in the veterinary marketplace.
- 1986 - A pet cremation service was launched to provide a dignified, caring and ethical means of cremating clients’ pets. It is one of the founding cornerstones of our association.
- As VHA evolved over the years, additional services have been added, taking advantage of the efficiencies that come from individual practices joining together as a group.
Board of Directors
VHA is lead by an experienced Board of Directors:
Ann Fischer, DVM
House Paws Mobile Veterinary Care
5620 Highlands Trail North
Lake Elmo, MN 55042
Ryan Speltz, DVM
Skyline Veterinary Hospital
6220 Highway 65 NE
Fridley, MN 55432
Carissa Williamson, DVM
Oakwood Pet Clinic
1441 N. Highway 101
Plymouth, MN 55447
Scott Murphy, DVM
Twin Cities Veterinary Surgery
3880 Lone Cedar Lane
Chaska, MN, 55318
Cynthia Fetzer, DVM
Camden Pet Hospital
1405 44th Ave. N
Minneapolis, MN 55412
Tom Skadron, DVM
Skadron Animal Hospital
178 E. Marie Avenue
West St. Paul, MN 55118
Nikki Burk, DVM
South Hyland Veterinary Hospital
5400 W. Old Shakopee Road
Bloomington, MN 55437
Ann Valenti, DVM
Inver Grove Heights Animal Hospital
7131 Cahill Ave.
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076
Anna Ruelle, DVM
Countryside Veterinary Clinic
13950 Highway 5
Young America, MN, 55397
Veterinary Industry Reference Links
- AAFCO The Business of Pet Food
- AAHA Application
- AAHA Membership Benefits Guide
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Animal Poison Contol Center
- BART (Basic Animal Rescue Training)
- Brakke Consulting’s Animal Health News & Notes
- Clean Harbors – Hazardous Waste
- Communications Solutions for Veterinarians
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Compendium of Veterinary Products
- ePet Health
- Gifted Leaders – Liberating Personal &Organizational Potential
- Merial “Outbreak Alert” Program
- Minnesota Board of Animal Health
- Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Minnesota Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Pollution Contol Agency
- Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association
- National Animal Poison Control Center of the ASPCA
- PCI FAQ’s
- PCI Security Council
- Pet Poison Helpline
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- The Pet Project MN
- The Raptor Center
- University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine
- Wisconsin’s Hazardous Waste Regulatory Program