Are you looking for the perfect practice to call home? Look no further! At Blue Sky Animal Hospital, we are driven by our core purpose: "Partnering with families to improve the lives of pets"! We take our role as pet advocates very seriously and fully embrace the Fear-Free approach to enhance the veterinary visit experience of our clients and patients.
Our niche is "Providing choices in healthcare for all pets." While the majority of patients are a typical mix of dogs and cats, we also care for birds, small mammals, reptiles, and even horses! We offer a unique mix of traditional approaches as well as less-traditional such as therapeutic laser, rehab services, a wide range of nutraceutical and natural supplement products, and house calls.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Established, highly visible location along Highway 35. Private parking lot with plenty of space.
- Four exam rooms, Avimark software, surgery suite with halogen lights.
- In-house lab for full chemistry and electrolytes (Idexx), Snap tests, CBC, urinalysis, cytology, and cultures.
- Good outside lab support with daily pickup.
- Digital radiology with Fugi CR.
- Digital dental radiology with Progeny software.
- Midmark Cardell Touch Monitor.
- Isoflurane anesthesia and most injectables.
- Complete pharmacy with an inventory of commonly used pharmaceuticals, nutraceutical, and natural supplements.
- Member clinic of Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota with access to specialist consultations and referrals in Surgery, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Dentistry, Dermatology, Radiology & Advance Imaging, and Sports Medicine & Rehab.
Visit us at blueskyanimal.com or https://www.facebook.com/blueskyanimalhospital/
Wyoming is a delightful small town just 25 minutes north of downtown Minneapolis and it's world-class museums, theater and professional sports venues. You will find affordable housing, hobby farms, great schools, strong community spirit, and many local trail systems for walking, hiking, biking, and snowmobiling.
Minnesota is well known for many outdoor activities during both winter or summer including camping, boating, lake resorts, fishing, hunting, snow sports, and ice fishing. After all, we are the Land of 10,000 lakes!
University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine is nearby along with two specialty centers, local CE opportunities abound. MVMA is a very active state association offering many volunteer opportunities and hosts fun events well known for their great camaraderie.
Besides a fun and inspiring team in a relaxing semi-rural setting we offer:
- Excellent salary
- Health insurance and other benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Dues & License reimbursement, including Fear Free Certification
- Uniform Allowance
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Retirement Benefit with company match
- Pet Stipend and discounts
- Weekly DVM meetings with the opportunity to advance our medical protocols
- And awesome support team members
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Minnesota
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills. Legible penmanship.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks efficiently.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
- Build rapport with clients by listening to, gathering information and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients at a level that creates understanding on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Our Core Values
- Be Adaptable
- Adhere to timeliness
- Be Driven
- Knowledge Rocks!
- Passionate Relationships
- Inspire Positivity
We are excited to meet you!