Description:The University of Minnesota Veterinary Medical Imaging Group is excited to offer a comprehensive, rapid teleradiology consulting service to VHA members. Think of our service as adding an in-house university imaging department to your hospital. We are one of a few university based teleradiology services in the country. We offer:
- Monday through Saturday service with the exception of the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- 24-hour or less turnaround time on all submissions Monday through Saturday. Typically cases submitted by 4:00 pm CST are read the same day. Cases submitted after 4:00 pm CST Monday through Friday are read the following day. Cases submitted after 4:00 pm CST on Saturday are typically read on Monday.
- Complete written report emailed and/or faxed to your clinic for each case. Email reports can be sent to a generic clinic email or an individual doctor’s email account.
- All cases are read by one of the board certified radiologists at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Billing through the VHA resulting in a volume discount for VHA members.
Software and technical support for our service is provided by the DVMInsight technology platform supported by IDEXX. Via the phone and email, DVMInsight support staff will provide you with the proper instruction necessary for image and patient data submission. You will also receive free access to the DVMInsight website where you will be able to view the submitted images and completed reports at anytime.
Please allow 2-3 working days for activation of your account.
- A digital imaging system (computed radiography, digital radiography) that creates images in the DICOM format.
- A broadband internet connection (high speed DSL, cable, or satellite). The faster the available UPLOAD speed the better.
When you are ready to get started or have any questions regarding the service, please call the Medical Imaging Department at 612-625-1200. If you have questions regarding fee schedules and billing, please contact VHA at 651-451-6669.
How It Works:
Medical Imaging Attn: Kari Anderson Veterinary Medical Center University of Minnesota 1365 Gortner Ave St. Paul, MN 55108