Caravan Vet is growing and seeking to add a certified veterinary technician to our amazing team! We are the Twin Cities’ only full-service veterinary house call practice. We not only provide exams for cats and dogs in the comfort of our patients’ homes, but can also perform x-rays, dental prophylaxes, and surgeries in our state-of-the-art mobile veterinary clinic. Patient comfort and client satisfaction are our highest priorities.
CVT responsibilities include:
- Assisting with physical exams of cats and dogs
- Client communication via phone, text, email, and in-person
- Medical records management in Impromed software
- Drawing blood and preparing samples to send to the lab
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Dental prophylaxis
- Digital dental and full body radiography
- All within our fully equipped mobile truck or in our clients’ homes!
Caravan Vet, the Twin Cities’ only full-service veterinary house call practice, is growing and ready to add another Customer Service Representative! The CSR will be based out of our office in St. Louis Park, MN. This position will start as part-time with the potential to grow into a full-time position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly with clients via phone, email, text, and in-person
- Schedule appointments keeping travel time and patient needs in mind
- Prepare appointment paperwork for technicians
- Fill and mail prescriptions
- Utilize online pharmacy
- Prepare and print reports and schedules
- Manage new client appointments, including entering data into practice management software and obtaining previous records
- Process payments and make deposits
- Communicate with specialists and referral hospitals for scheduling needs
- Maintain medical records including importation of lab results
- Keep office space organized and clean
- Other duties and projects as assigned
It’s December and 2019 is nearing its end. Take this month to celebrate your patients, clients, and team, sharing the successes throughout the year. Thank your clients for trusting their pet’s care to you, and (with owner permission) reveal happy ending stories of patients who overcame illness or injury. But don’t forget to also take a moment to remember the pets who crossed the Rainbow Bridge in 2019. Offer an opportunity for clients to share their photos in the comments of a dedicated post in their memory.
Also, don’t forget to remind pet owners to give their pets their monthly preventatives!
New Ulm Regional Veterinary Center in New Ulm, MN, has been providing superior veterinary care for over 35 years! We are a full-service veterinary center equipped with the latest technology to provide our clients, their pets, and their livestock with the highest quality of veterinary medicine in the area.
We are searching for a Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
Minnesota Spay Neuter Assistance Program (MN SNAP) offers high-quality, affordable and accessible spay and neuter services to low-income communities, animal shelters, 501(c)(3) rescue organizations and community cat caretakers. We’re a dedicated, passionate and talented group looking for an enthusiastic doctor to join our team!
- Perform 30 to 35 spay/neuter surgeries per workday on dogs, cats, and rabbits;
- Manage a team of three veterinary technicians;
- Document client communication and surgical notes on a Web-based records system;
- Address any post-op complications or concerns by clients in a professional and timely manner;
- Maintain and troubleshoot surgery and vehicle equipment;
- And attend staff and doctors’ meetings monthly.
If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy November! The holidays are nearly here, and the end of the year isn’t too far behind. Yet there is still plenty to be shared with your veterinary clinic’s social media fans. Just don’t forget to update your social media pages, Google Business Listing, and website with updated business hours for Thanksgiving!
Below are additional suggested social media posts for veterinary clinics this month. To use the posts on your page, copy and paste the text into your post. To save the image, first click it, then right-click on the enlarged image and select “Save As.”
Blaine Area Pet Hospital in Blaine, MN, is searching for a Veterinary Technician to join their fast-paced, small animal veterinary practice. Share your talents with our team and enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Compassionate care for our animal companions is the cornerstone of Coon Rapids Pet Hospital. We are dedicated to providing a relaxed experience for our clients and their pets at every visit. Whether it’s a routine check-up or an emergency treatment, our staff responds quickly to a pet’s needs and takes the time to explain examinations and procedures clearly before any treatments are given.
Steve Haarstad works with organizations to help them better understand how they can grow their revenue and strengthen their leadership culture. Haarstad's experience and record of accomplishment position him well to help his clients develop and implement the talent and revenue growth strategies they need to successfully compete and grow.
Mr. Haarstad offers three types of services:
Business Strategic Planning
Mr. Haarstad partners with clients by facilitating discussions and working sessions to identify the elements that combine to create a strategic plan for your business. This is most often done with the owner(s) and/or a managerial leadership team.
- Vision, Mission, and Values
- Target Market
- Product and/or Service Niche and Differentiators
- 3 year, 1 year, and 90 days goals
- SWOT or SOAR analysis
- Resource (People, Facility, Equipment, etc.) Requirement Planning
Marketing Strategy Development
How do you grow your business and maximize your profitability? One key is finding the intersection between the value your business offers and the needs of your best fit customers. Mr. Haarstad works with clients by helping them identify those things and then developing an action plan to pursue it.
- Best Fit Customer Identification
- Rationalization of Products and/or Services
- Growth Goals and Objectives
- Action Plan Development
Strategic Business Management
Most, if not all, companies have a strategic plan. Unfortunately, many fail to successfully execute it. Mr. Haarstad helps companies succeed by adding accountability and focus through the facilitation of monthly, quarterly, and annual leadership team meetings.
- Annual Planning Facilitation
- Quarterly Strategic Review and Planning
- Monthly Action Tracking and Accountability
Company & Contacts
Haarstad Strategic Business Consulting
Updated October 21, 2019
Heritage Animal Hospital is a full-service veterinarian clinic that provides examinations, diagnostic services, dental care, surgical services, medicine, grooming and boarding services in Maple Grove, Minnesota. We are dedicated to providing the highest level of pet care possible and facilitating an environment where client communication and education are at the forefront of our practice.
Established in 1991 by Dr. Silverstein and Dr. Carter, Heritage Animal Hospital has steadily grown over the years to the upbeat, fully-staffed, and equipped veterinary hospital that Minnesota pet owners count on to provide comprehensive, honest and transparent veterinary services.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance and communication with doctors
- Client communication and education
- Compassionate patient care and handling
- Maintenance of computerized medical records (Vet FM - Apple based system)
- Anesthesia induction and monitoring
- Laboratory and specimen sample collection and processing
- In house Abaxis laboratory equipment
- Radiology - Digital and dental radiographic processing
- Inventory control