Certified Vet Tech
Veterinarian Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Provides animal care by determining animal requirements.
- Conducts examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Assists during operations.
- Feeds and cares for animals.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Maintains records.
- Determines animal requirements by conducting examinations and interviews.
- Completes laboratory tests and studies and diagnostic imaging.
- Takes vital signs and collects samples.
- Administers medications, drugs, and vaccines.
- Bandages and wraps wounds.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
- Explains animal status to owners.
- Prepares surgery table instruments.
- Completes local/regional anesthesia.
- Places catheters and obtains blood as needed.
- Maintains sterile conditions.
- Obtains and verifies medications.
- Cleans animal cages and equipment
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments, sanitizing operating areas, verifying shelf life of medications, and complying with legal regulations.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a two-year American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program from a community college, college, or university
- Communication skills: Vet techs must communicate with doctors, customers, and other staff clearly. They must also communicate kindly with owners of ill or injured pets.
- Physical strength: They must be able to lift and handle animals easily.
- Problem-solving skills: Vet techs need to be able to consider all of the available information and draw valid conclusions about an animal's condition.
- Compassion: Vet techs must treat animal patients kindly and also give kindness to the pets' owners.
Added November 30
Clinic Name Princeton Pet Hospital
Street Address 801 N Rum River Dr.
Zip Code 55371
Contact First Name Kristen
Contact Last Name Tholen
Email Address email@example.com
Contact Phone 7633892440
Min. Education Required Two Year Degree/Associate's Degree
Minimum Experience 1 year
Benefits Holiday Pay, Uniform Allowance, Pet Care Discount
Position Available Certified Veterinary Technician
Designation Full- or Part-Time