Hiring an Associate Veterinarian
House Paws Home Veterinary Care is seeking a licensed veterinarian to join our practice as an Associate Veterinarian!
We are a full-service mobile veterinary practice providing in-home care to pets in the greater Twin Cities area. During our house-call visits, we perform comprehensive physical exams, give vaccinations, collect diagnostic samples, bandage wounds, prescribe medications, trim nails, clean ears, and much more. Each DVM travels with a CVT in a cargo van equipped with everything needed to perform veterinary appointments on the road. Our veterinarians perform surgical procedures and X-rays at a local clinic one day per week. Our central office is located in Lake Elmo, MN.
Hourly pay is dependent on experience and qualifications. Benefits include PTO and Holiday pay, an employer-funded retirement plan, CE and uniform reimbursement and pet benefits.
At House Paws, we believe in patient-oriented, individualized and compassionate heath care. Effective, thoughtful and professional communication with clients is a priority to us. A qualified candidate must be willing to foster healthy ongoing relationships with their clients and patients, attend veterinary seminars and other CE opportunities in order to stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in veterinary medicine, uphold the values of House Paws and deliver veterinary care in a professional, ethical and compassionate manner.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provide in-home veterinary services, including physical exams, vaccinations, blood/urine collections for diagnostic work-ups, and humane euthanasia.
- Update patient/client charts.
- Provide radiograph and surgical services at a local clinic in the Minneapolis area.
- Advise pet owners about general care, medical conditions and treatments, and provide clients with appropriate educational and informational materials.
- Promote sales of veterinary products that HPHVC provides, including prescription medications, prescription diets, supplements and retail items.
- Charge clients for services rendered and products dispensed. Process client payments and record payment information in the client’s software record.
- Practice veterinary medicine in a manner compliant with the State Veterinary Practice Act and Federal and State Controlled Substance laws.
- Must have completed a Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine and maintain current licensure in the state of Minnesota.
- Must have at least 2 years of clinic experience as a small-animal veterinarian.
- Must be able to perform veterinary services as a mobile veterinarian, providing services in client homes.
- A qualified candidate must be proficient at surgical and dental procedures. We are seeking a veterinarian who enjoys soft tissue and oral surgery and is willing to perform surgical procedures weekly.
- Must possess effective communication skills and be proficient at communicating with clients and others over the phone, in person and through email.
- Must be a team player! House Paws is a small practice and we are a tight-knit family. We look out for each other, and we do our best to support each other both in our professional and in our personal capacities.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, sit on the floor, rise easily from a sit-in position, and work extended periods of time on his/her feet.
- Must be able to effectively read, write and speak in English.