Established in 1984, Veterinary Hospitals Association has consistantly been providing better pricing, products, and services for our members in the veterinary industry. We've expanded to include group purchasing, business services, and ongoing continuing education credit opportunities - and have expanded our team from a few board members to a full-fledged business in the process.
We do not have any open positions at this time. Please check back soon!
Established in 1984, Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA) is a member-driven association organized to represent the interests of members and the veterinary community. VHA currently serves nearly 400 member veterinary practices.
The goal of VHA is to enhance the profitability of each member practice by positively impacting its bottom line. With member involvement, VHA will continue to offer services that either save money or make money for all members.
VHA supports local community organizations, including the statewide Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA). VHA also partners with MVMA and the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine for the Minnesota Veterinary Institute.
The Growth of VHAA group of dedicated veterinarians founded VHA to improve the methods and efficiency of animal hospitals, to cooperate with other veterinary organizations, and to promote and further the best interests of its members.
- 1985 - VHA began a group purchasing service for members, positively influencing the product availability and pricing in the veterinary marketplace.
- 1986 - A pet cremation service was launched to provide a dignified, caring and ethical means of cremating clients’ pets. It is one of the founding cornerstones of our association.
- As VHA evolved over the years, additional services have been added, taking advantage of the efficiencies that come from individual practices joining together as a group.
Veterinary Industry Reference Links
- AAFCO The Business of Pet Food
- AAHA Application
- AAHA Membership Benefits Guide
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Animal Poison Contol Center
- BART (Basic Animal Rescue Training)
- Brakke Consulting’s Animal Health News & Notes
- Clean Harbors – Hazardous Waste
- Communications Solutions for Veterinarians
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Compendium of Veterinary Products
- ePet Health
- Gifted Leaders – Liberating Personal &Organizational Potential
- Merial “Outbreak Alert” Program
- Minnesota Board of Animal Health
- Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Minnesota Board of Veterinary Medicine
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Minnesota Pollution Contol Agency
- Minnesota Technical Assistance Program (MnTAP)
- Minnesota Veterinary Medical Association
- National Animal Poison Control Center of the ASPCA
- PCI FAQ’s
- PCI Security Council
- Pet Poison Helpline
- The Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- The Pet Project MN
- The Raptor Center
- University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine
- Wisconsin’s Hazardous Waste Regulatory Program