As part of a developed marketing plan for veterinary clinics, consideration must be given to the fun, unique, and bizarre holidays that have been established outside of the traditional holiday schedule. These days, like National Lost Dog Awareness Day on April 23 or National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day on August 22, are perfect opportunities to reach out to your target market in an entertaining manner. You can share educational information for pet parents to utilize, like developing a family plan to deal with natural disasters like flooding or earthquakes during September for National Disaster Preparedness Month. You can also keep it lighthearted and share fun photos of cat's being herded with a motivational message to clients for Cat Herder's Day on December 15.
Consider the special days most important and relevant to your veterinary clinic and develop a marketing strategy you can step-and-repeat for every event. Such strategies can include:
- One Facebook post per event;
- Two Tweets with appropriate hashtag per event;
- One graphic (which you can create with Canva for free!) to utilize across social media;
- A brief fun or informational blog you can post to your website;
- And a brief email to send to your clients alerting them of the special day, why it's important, and a call to action to visit your clinic if appropriate.
Not sure what would work for your clinic? Important holidays and special months to pay attention to can include:
- January 2: National Pet Travel Safety Day (How can pet owners keep their pets safe while traveling by car or plane?)
- February: Pet Dental Month (Why is it important to have your pet's teeth regularly checked, and a call-to-action to set up an appointment today.)
- February 28: World Spay Day (Help control the pet population by spaying your cats and dogs.)
- March 19 - 25: National Poison Prevention Week (What can pet owners do to ensure their pets are safe in their home? What are some uncommon things that can be poisones to pets?)
- April: National Heartworm Awareness Month (What damage can be done by heartworm and a call-to-action to come to their veterinarian for preventative medicine)
- May: National Chip Your Pet Month (Call-to-action to get pets microchipped) & Lyme Disease Prevention Month (call-to-action to have preventative medicine)
- June: National Best Friends Day (Share photos of your clients and their best friends)
- July: National Hot Dog Day (Perfect for sharing fun photos of dogs in hot dog costumes!)
- August: National Immunization Awareness Month (Reinforce the importance of preventative care for pets)
- September: World Rabies Day (Discuss the importance of rabies vaccinations for pets and how often pets should be vaccinated with a call-to-action to schedule an appointment today)
- October 15 - 21: National Veterinary Technician Week (Great way to feature and thank your team for their hard work!)
- November 23: Thanksgiving (What not to share with your pet from the Thanksgiving table)
- December 31: New Year's Eve (Time to thank your clients and patients for making the whole year so successful)
Download the full list of unique, fun, and important pet holidays for all of 2017 in
a handy 12-month calendar that your veterinary clinic can utilize
in your marketing strategy all year long!
Maryland Avenue Pet Hospital is a small animal practice in St. Paul looking for a veterinary technician to join our team. Technicians are utilized in all areas of practice. Our ideal candidate would have 2+ years of clinic experience. You must be an outgoing, self motivated, team oriented person that wants to help our practice continue to grow and thrive. Full time/part time positions available. We offer health insurance, uniform allowance, paid vacation, paid CE opportunities and pet care discount.
SOUTH SAINT PAUL, MN – (January 31, 2017) – Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA), the leading association for veterinary practices in the Midwest, is pleased to announce the recipient of the 2017 MVM Foundation VHA Memorial Scholarship.
The scholarship contest, hosted by the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Foundation, is open to fourth year veterinary students with companion animal objectives in good scholastic standing. It requires applicants to submit an essay discussing the benefit of VHA to its members.
The $1,000 scholarship has been awarded to Anastasia Johns, a student at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine studying for her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine degree.
“It is an honor to help further the futures of our upcoming leaders in the veterinary industry,” Jeff Benson, Executive Director VHA said. “Our commitment to our members extends beyond individual practices and to the successful continuation of the industry itself.”
This scholarship is awarded annually in memory of VHA members who have passed. To learn more about the scholarships provided by the Minnesota Veterinary Medical Foundation and to apply, please visit http://www.mvmfcares.org/.
Established in 1984, Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA) is a member-driven association organized to represent the interests of members and the veterinary community. VHA currently serves more than 400 veterinary practices. The goal of VHA is to enhance the profitability of each member practice by positively impacting its bottom line. With member involvement, VHA will continue to offer services that either save money or make money for all members. Follow VHA on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
Heritage Animal Hospital in Maple Grove is looking to hire an energetic and self-motivated full time Certified Veterinary Technician to join our fast paced 3-doctor small animal practice! Our practice is very technician led; candidates must have strong typing and oral communication skills as well as attention to detail and be able to multi-task. If you are looking for more pay, more medicine and more diagnostics while working in an energetic work environment with a great team, then this the place for you!
North Branch Veterinary is looking to add a part-time receptionist to our staff. Must be client orientated, able to multitask, and willing to work as a team.
North Branch Veterinary Hospital is looking to add a PT Veterinary Assistant/Technician to our staff. Must be outgoing, and able to multitask. We are a well-equipped, modern hospital that strives to provide the best service possible.
North Branch Veterinary Hospital is looking to add a FT Veterinary Assistant/Technician to our staff. Must be outgoing, and able to multitask. We are a well-equipped, modern hospital that strives to provide the best service possible.
Our current need is for a small animal exclusive DVM that is comfortable in a team environment where collaboration and case sharing is the norm. Our protocol is to offer gold-standard care for every patient, while remaining realistic about understanding each client’s individual needs. This position will include surgical rotations and a strong interest in surgery is important. An interest in dentals and/or exotics would be welcome, but is not required
Our ideal candidate will be compassionate, caring, friendly, reliable and positive-minded. They will be able and willing to direct support staff in daily activities, promote hospital policies and willing to take initiative to find new ways to improve our clinic and services. Clinical experience is great, but new grads with the right attitudes are encouraged to apply.
SOUTH SAINT PAUL, MN – October 13, 2016 – Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA), the leading association for veterinary practices in the Midwest, is pleased to announce their newest Preferred Partner CBIZ. Through this partnership, VHA members will have access to additional services provided by CBIZ that are critical to business success.
SOUTH SAINT PAUL, MN - (September 20, 2016) - Veterinary Hospitals Association (VHA), the leading association for veterinary clinics in the Midwest, is hosting the 11th Annual VHA Expo on Thursday, November 3, 2016 from 8:00-4:30pm at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest in Brooklyn Park, Minn. This one-day event is expected to be visited by nearly 300 veterinarians, practice managers, veterinary technicians, and staff and will be highlighting the newest products, services, and programs in the industry.