MN SNAP was founded by a local veterinarian who wanted to drastically reduce the number of unwanted litters surrendered to and put to sleep in area shelters. Each mobile veterinary team consists of one veterinarian and three veterinary technicians that work on MN SNAP’s mobile clinic: a 33-foot, custom-built RV, complete with a prep table, a surgery suite with two heated tables, a walk-on scale and 20 cages. Each team performs an average of 30 to 35 surgeries per day.
- Perform 30 to 35 spay/neuter surgeries per work day on dogs, cats and rabbits
- Manage a team of three veterinary technicians
- Document client communication and surgical notes on a Web-based records system
- Address any post-op complications or concerns by clients in a professional and timely manner
- Maintain and troubleshoot surgery and vehicle equipment
- Attend staff and doctors’ meetings monthly